Fred J Hicks Hardware
Click on the Photos for Full Screen Mode
One of the earliest small businesses in New Toronto was this small hardware store at 2891 Lakeshore Boulevard West. The business was established around 1912 and was situated beside the DW Hunter Wilson Drug Store.
The location is now known and independently owned by Don Russell’s Pharmacy since they operated in 1932. The store is currently run by the local pharmacist of the area and serves the Lakeshore community by selling prescription medicines, health products, cosmetics, and basic grocery items.