Before it was acquired by the well-known Anaconda Brass, the site was formerly known as JF Brown’s Copper and Brass Rolling Mills that appeared in the industrial scene as early as 1919. Brown, together with Reg N. Boxer and Ritchie and Ramsay (Ritchie and Ramsey Paper Mills) enlarged the pump house by the lake, creating the New Toronto Water Supply. The company was then acquired by the Anaconda American Brass on August 19, 1922 and continued to use this name for more than 65 years.
The trade name “Anaconda” was known all over the world in producing products made of copper, brass, nickel, and silver. The manufacturing company is easily recognized for its arrow tip symbol.